Festiva Hospitality Group, one of the largest privately held vacation ownership companies in the United States with more than 95,000 owners and members among 34 vacation ownership destinations, has acquired six new vacation destinations for its resort portfolio from Arkansas-based Escapes!, Inc.
The acquisition includes properties in Alabama, Arkansas and Missouri, and the expansion is second only in size to the Peppertree Resorts acquisition of 2007, when Festiva added 10 resorts to its property mix. This latest transaction also adds approximately 9,000 vacation owners and club members plus nearly 4,000 intervals to the company.
The expansion increases Festiva’s offering in Branson, Missouri to five resorts and gives it a presence in Arkansas and Alabama, two key areas the company has been eyeing for some time.
“We have been looking for high-quality and well-maintained properties in the Mid-South and Gulf Coast to add to our resort offering,” said Festiva Hospitality Group Senior Vice President Rich Hartnett. “A good number of Festiva members live in these areas as well as the Midwest, and they have asked for vacation options closer to home. This transaction not only gives our members what they have been waiting for, it also gives these Escapes! owners the ability to gain access to the Festiva Adventure Club, its privileges and 34 destinations.”
- The Shores, Orange Beach, Alabama – This oceanfront Gulf Coast property is Festiva’s first location in Alabama. Amenities include oceanfront balconies, indoor and outdoor pools, steam room, sauna, fitness center, and beach access.
- Los Lagos at Hot Springs Village, Hot Springs Village, Arkansas – One of Festiva’s three additions in Arkansas, Los Lagos at Hot Springs Village is located 20 minutes from Hot Springs National Park and close to area theme parks. The 26,000-acre property has nine golf courses, 39 miles of trails, a performing art center, two marinas, lakefront access, fitness center, indoor pool and outdoor pools.
- The Greens at Bella Vista Village, Bella Vista, Arkansas – The second Arkansas property for Festiva, The Greens at Bella Vista Village provides guests access to eight pristine golf courses and seven lakes. Resort amenities include on-site clubhouse, swimming pool and tennis courts.
- Cherokee Village, Cherokee Village Arkansas – The third Arkansas property for Festiva is located on Lake Thunderbird in an area acclaimed for its natural beauty. The resort gives members access to fishing and boating on the lake, 36 holes of on-site golf, swimming pools, tennis courts, and a recreational center.
- Branson Yacht Club, Branson, Missouri – Festiva adds its fourth Branson property with the Branson Yacht Club, located on Table Rock Lake with a half mile of private shoreline. Resort amenities include two swimming pools, boat launch and marina, tennis courts, and water-sports rentals.
- Stonebridge Village, Branson, Missouri – Located on 3,200 wooded acres and 10 minutes from downtown Branson, Stonebridge Village rounds out Festiva’s five Branson properties. The resort includes an 18-hole golf course; country club; fitness center; swimming pool; and lake access for boating, fishing and swimming.
Based in Asheville, North Carolina, Festiva Hospitality Group manages and operates a collection of hotels and resorts in sought-after destinations throughout the U.S. Midwest, Mid-South, Southeast and Northeast, as well as in the Caribbean. Festiva Sailing Vacations, a Festiva company that operates the Festiva Cruise Club, charters all-inclusive luxury catamaran yachts in the Caribbean.