It was in 1974 that RCI introduced the concept of vacation ownership exchange, offering members greater use flexibility in a holiday home than ever before, coupled with the added benefits of a vacation ownership interest.
RCI celebrates its 40th anniversary in 2014 and we are proud to have maintained our leadership position in the industry that we helped to invent and grow. RCI currently has a portfolio of 4,000 affiliated timeshare resorts worldwide, nearly twice as many as its nearest vacation exchange competitor. These relationships are also longstanding – we have an affiliate retention rate of 97 per cent.
RCI – A Service Provider You can Trust
The majority of RCI’s Business Development team across Europe have careers spanning 10 years or more with the company. Between them, RCI’s European resort sales and services team have over 300 years of experience and service with RCI.
As part of the Wyndham Worldwide family of companies – one of the world’s largest and most successful hospitality groups – RCI is the worldwide leader in vacation exchange, having the largest vacation network with 3.7 million members. We are equipped to service our affiliates and their owners to the highest service levels in the industry by providing:
- Approximately 54 offices in 26 countries
- Approximately 3,000 dedicated employees worldwide
- Worldwide coverage, with 12 call centres strategically located around the globe
- More than 1,350 RCI Vacation Guides who offer assistance to members worldwide
- Locally-based RCI business development and resort operations teams.
Being a Wyndham Worldwide family company, RCI has access to some of the most valued resources and experienced people in the industry. Our affiliates can access this world-leading business network to help them open up a new and profitable world.
In partnership with the Wyndham Hotel Group and Wyndham Shared Ownership, RCI forms a unique community of exchange vacation specialists and travel enthusiasts who extend the company’s reach to the hospitality and travel industry far beyond that of any other timeshare or fractional services provider of choice for many of the world’s leading companies in the industry – both branded and independent.
The quantity of holiday and resort options is only half the equation for success.
Quality is equally important to our members. We actively invite our members to tell us what they liked about their RCI Holiday and resort – and what could have been better for them – through an incentivised Welcome Back Comment Card programme.
Our members’ comments are instrumental in the RCI resort quality award ratings, which are the bedrock of the RCI Resort Recognition Programme, designed to identify and reward affiliated resorts offering high standards of product quality and service. Resorts that consistently exceed these high standards and provide exceptional holiday experiences can receive three distinguished awards – RCI Gold Crown, RCI Silver Crown and RCI Hospitality awards.
- 43 per cent of RCI affiliated resorts are recognised for their quality in RCI’s Resort Recognition Programme.
- Based on 2010 audited figures – RCI facilitated more exchanges into its resorts recognised for exceptional quality than its closest competitor did in total.
- Rigorous Quality Assurance programmes measure and recognise product quality and service delivery to help strive toward customer satisfaction.
- RCI’s local teams are ready to work with our affiliated developers to investigate resort development in their resorts’ journey towards growth and quality goals.
RCI can give you everything you need to help attract and retain owners, improve owner satisfaction levels, while increasing operational efficiencies and revenues.
Get in touch
To find out what RCI can bring to your business, email your regional contact or use the form below:
Asia – email@example.com
Europe, Middle East, Africa – firstname.lastname@example.org
India – TBC
Latin America – TBC
US & Canada – TBC